Welcome to McColl McLaughlin Medical Practice
If you've developed a continuous cough or fever/high temp in the last 7 days, stay at home for 7 days from the day your symptoms started. Patients with coronavirus symptoms are asked to phone NHS 24 (111) if symptoms are severe or do not improve after 7 days. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE GP SURGERY.
The McColl McLaughlin Medical Practice is committed to maintaining a quality service for our patients during this unprecedented and worrying time for all. The current COVID19 situation is providing major challenges for everyone and not least the Practice. In order to attempt to create as safe enviornment as possible for staff and patients we have adapted our usual working practices. The list below summaries some of the changes:
- Patients should not attend the Practice if they have a new continuous cough or fever.
- All online booking appointments have been suspended until further notice.
- All requests for appointments, routine or urgent will be passed to a doctor or nurse who will hone back the patient, at an agreed time interval, to either deal with issue over the phone, arrange assessment at the Practice or signpost to anther more appropriate service.
- Where possible we shall try to directly send new prescriptions to local pharmacies to minimise non essential attendance at the Practice. Please do not call the practice to check if a prescription is available this blocks our lines for more urgent enquiries.
In addition to the huge increase in our usual workload we are also having to cope with staff who are responsibly following government guidance by self isolating at home becasue they, or an immediate family member, has symptoms of possible COVID19. We are therefore asking for your assistance as much as possible to allow us to continue to provide safe quality care for all our patients. We would be grateful if you would bear in mind the following information.
- If you have a routine query regarding mild symptoms or government advice, please refer to www.nhsinform website in the first instance as you may find all the information you need there.
- Sick lines/fit notes for employers for people self isolating can be accessed at the www.nhsinform website without consulting a doctor.
- If waiting on a call back from doctor or nurse, please ensure we have correct phone numbers and that you are available to answer the phone at all time during the allotted period.
- Please understand that at present we can only offer core medical services due to unprecedented workload. We are currently unable to perform other non contractual tasks like providing letters, insurance, lawyer or occupational health reports, and patient data access requests.
- Please do not order prescriptions early or request larger quantities than usual. Similar to the situation in supermarkets, stockpiling of medication is leading to serious shortages of some essential medicaine leaving some in most need, without access to essential medicines such as their asthma or COPD inhalers.
- Finally, we understand many people are worried and under a huge amount of strain at present. However, we ask that you are at all times are respectful and courteous to our staff who are working incredibly hard to maintain practice services at this immensely challenging time
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
The health centre is fully equipped and is easily accessible to the disabled, the elderly and parents of young children. There is a baby changing area and children’s play area. We have a large car park with reserved spaces for disabled patients.
(Site updated 24/03/2020)